Enjoy this great video from Studio J and Close To My Heart. This video demonstrates how to change papers, add photo mats, use My Stickease "stickers", resize them, and use cool distressing options.
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Celebrate National Scrapbooking Month in May by mixing and matching to your heart’s content with our new Dotty for You paper packet! The trendy patterns on the front of the papers coordinate perfectly with the dots on the reverse side, giving you lots of options for crafting colorful layouts, cards, and other projects. Dotty for You includes 24 specially designed, coordinating B&T Duos® sheets (2 each of 12 patterns) and an artwork idea insert to get your creative juices flowing.
There are three ways to get this exclusive Dotty for You paper packet, valued at $19.95:
- Place an order of $35 or more in products from the Spring/Summer 2012 Idea Book between April 17 and May 31, and add the Dotty for You paper packet for just $5*.
- Host a Gathering with a sales total of $400 or more between now and May 31 and receive a Dotty for You paper packet FREE.
- Join Close To My Heart as a new Consultant between April 1 and May 31 and receive a Dotty for You paper packet FREE. Let’s get started.
Sunday, April 8, 2012
I have used Studio J to create another fun layout from our trip to Disneyland last summer. We rode the Soarin' ride and it's great - you really do feel like you are soaring over California!
Here are a few details about how I created this layout.
- Fanfare paper packet
- Picture Perfect layout (this one is available to Studio J members)
- Kit Mix 2
- Changed the base page color to Grey Flannel
- Rotated left page 90 degrees to right, rotated right page 180 degrees
- Deleted journaling box, ribbon accents & buttons on left page
- Changed photo mats to black
- Added 1/16" black photo mat to bottom image on left
- Droped black hatched paper inside large circle & changed color to Pacifica
- Added a mat to 3 photos on left page by using a title box (no text) -resized, rotated, sent to back & changed to Grey Flannel color (TIP: zoom in to get it exact)
- Added 1/16" Grey Flannel mat to each photo on right page
- Ribbon is Cranberry, brads are Black
- Use Quick Title Tool on right page for Stickease title
- Added Stickease & journaling, including replacing one button on top of right page with a Stickease button
I really do love the easy and flexibility of digital scrapbooking with Studio J. Beautiful scrapbook pages are just a few clicks away!
Saturday, April 7, 2012
This cute zebra print box was made using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge and the Roxie Level 2 Paper Packet. I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I love that zebra print paper so much I wish I could buy it in bulk!
The ribbon on the sides and top are some retired CTMH ribbon that I happened to have in my stash. I made little loops out of short strips and adhered them to a Black card stock circle with my hot glue gun.
The flowers were cut using the Art Philosophy cartridge as well. I inked the edges a little before I "wound" the spiral shapes into flowers. The flowers are all accented with CTMH's self adhesive Clear Sparkles.
Friday, April 6, 2012
It's been 6 months now since Dad passed away and I finally had the courage to make up a scrapbook layout of some of the last photos we have of him. I'll miss him, but I'm proud of my pages, proud of him and happy to be sharing them with you here today.
Monday, April 2, 2012
I really love how this card turned out. I started with the 6"x6" Kraft Die-Cut Cards & Envelopes. They are a set of 10 tri-fold cards with the scalloped edge already cut.
The sentiment was created using the Cricut Art Philosophy Collection. The shape was cut using my Cricut and stamped with one of the stamp sets included with the cartridge.
|Roxie Level 2 Paper Packet|
6-12"x12" Cardstock Sheets, 6-12"x12" B&T Duos Papers
The zebra print and pink paper on the front of the card are from the Roxie paper kit. I love that zebra print paper! It's available in the current catalog/Idea Book, but will be gone after July 30.
I created the embellishment on the side of the sentiment by folding a strip of the plaid paper and sticking it to the sentiment with glue dots. Then I took a bit of Cranberry twill folded ribbon from the Designer Ribbon Red Collection and adhered that to the back of the strip of folded plaid paper, also with glue dots. The sentiment itself is popped up with 3-D Foam Tape.
|Designer Ribbon Red Collection|
1 yard each of 4 ribbons
Finally, I added three Bitty Sparkles to the sentiment and five medium-sized round Clear Sparkles to the front flap. Thanks for joining me today!
Posted by Janelle Janish at 1:10 PM